Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- As an open access journal, the UBCMJ will apply the Creative Commons Attribution License (CCAL), to all published works. Under the CCAL, authors retain ownership and copyright to their article, but allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy articles in the UBCMJ, so long as the original author(s) and sources are cited;
- The Author(s) grant the UBCMJ the right of first and exclusive distribution of the published work in print and/or online;
- The Author(s) warrant that permission to publish the article has not been previously assigned elsewhere.
- The Author(s) warrant that they have obtained proper permission from any co-authors, contributors, or supervisors for the publication of the article; and
- The Author(s) warrant that the contribution is original to them, except for any copyrighted material of others incorporated in it, and that the Author(s) will advise us of any material, either text or illustration or graphical, the rights for which are controlled by others . Where necessary, the Author(s) will obtain, before publication and at their expense, permission in writing from the owner of the copyright in that material for publication by us.